The SmartBoard is a desktop reader designed to quickly read and process hundreds of loose diamonds. Spacecode RFID/LED tags are attached to large numbers of items that can be clearly and quickly identified irrespective of how they are placed on the board.
This state-of-the-art reader is the ideal solution for fast-tracking the inventory management and labor-intensive activity of diamond tallies and stocktaking by offering rapid and reliable reading of items as they are transferred through various processing steps and individuals. It typically counts 100 items in 8-10 seconds and plays a key role in the prevention of manual errors, stock loss and shortages.
The revolutionary LED “pick to light” feature facilitates instant identification of specific loose diamonds from among hundreds, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting against oversights. Users can find the exact item they are looking for, at the exact moment it is required.
SmartBoards are widely used by diamond companies at industry tradeshows to assist them to immediately find stock that buyers want to view throughout the show day. In addition, the SmartBoard plays a key role at close of day enabling a swift and accurate inventory count to see what goods remain in the booth, what have been invoiced or out on memo and discover if anything has been placed in the wrong box.
Where are SmartBoards providing added value to diamond companies?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Reduce manual interventions that can lead to errors and thus increase efficient stocktaking and monitoring
- Immediate identification of the required item
- Prevent human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Eliminate the need for any type of pre-sorting of items
- Reduce sorting to a fraction of the time with the LED tags
- Reliable track-and-trace of stock movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a SmartBoard?
A Spacecode bestseller since its launch, the SmartBoard is used around the world in diamond facilities all day, every day to quickly count and locate individual item. During a single day, tens of thousands can be counted and accounted for using a single SmartBoard.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Easy to use and simple workflow integration
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Well-defined read range with active area up to a height of approximately 15 cm or two to three layers above the board
- Capacity to read 100 items in 8-10 seconds
- LED “pick to light” feature
- Quick stock counting
- 3D reading capabilities
- USB and Ethernet connections
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Diamond Facilities using the SmartBoard:
- Diamond Factories
- Sales Offices
- Sorting Offices
- Grading Laboratories
- Auction Houses
Types of items being processed using SmartBoards today:
- Loose diamonds