The SmartPad is a compact reader used to quickly and simultaneously identify small numbers of loose diamonds or parcel papers labelled with Spacecode RFID/LED tags in a defined orientation. It is ideal for automatically monitoring and counting diamonds in rapid and repetitive processes by reading information and is used for quickly associating an RFID tag with an item in your database. The SmartPad can uniquely connect via USB to:
- A weight scale to automatically capture the weight of the diamonds and update any changes in the associated data and history.
- Biometric identification system for track and trace between departments or specific personnel including the handover of goods (issuing and return) between inventory managers and salespeople.
What do SmartPads do for companies?
- Rapid monitoring
- Automated data capture
- Simplified issuing and receiving of individual items
- Secure track-and-trace of items
- Speedy stock count
- LED “pick to light” feature
Who is using the SmartPad today?
The SmartPad is used around the world in diamond sales offices, factories and auction houses to issue and receive items in small quantities, associate RFID tags to items and capture the weight of loose diamonds.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Easy to use Compact unit 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
- LED “pick to light” feature instantly identifies items
- USB connection to weight scale
Types of Facilities using the SmartPad:
- Diamond Manufacturing facilities
- Diamond Sales Offices
- Auction Houses
Types of items being processed using SmartPads today:
- Grading reports