The SmartSAS is an award-winning, dual-access RFID cabinet system used for track-and-trace in diamond facilities worldwide where the transfer of stones between divisions must be controlled and recorded.
The cabinet can be mounted in a physical partition or wall. Fitted with two doors – back and front – it allows goods to be moved between physically separated users or areas and monitors their movement accordingly. The loose diamonds are placed in from one side by a biometrically authorized user and the system automatically alerts staff that they are ready for collection. They are then removed from the other side, again, by a biometrically authorized user and the system records the transfer.
This “digital handshake” is monitored by Spacecode’s tag technology which provides total inventory visibility, tracking exactly who accessed the SmartSAS, when it was accessed, what was transferred, and where the transaction occurred.
What does the SmartSAS do for companies?
- Rapid monitoring
- Automated administration of transactions and movement of goods
- Simple but secure transfer of loose diamonds and especially high-value goods
Who uses the SmartSAS?
The SmartSAS was designed for the diamond business workflow where authorized staff in factories, sales offices and sorting office hand over diamonds between processes or from one division to another.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Compact, user-friendly unit
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Biometric fingerprint access
- USB connection
- LED interior illumination
- Double iron-layered adjustable bracket for attaching to wall or glass partition
- Customized alarms configured according to requirements
Diamond Facilities using the SmartSAS:
- Polishing factories
- Diamond sales offices
- Diamond sorting offices
- Auction Houses
Types of items being processed using the SmartSAS today:
- Loose Diamonds