SmartBoard for Blood Banks
The SmartBoard is a desktop smart reader designed to quickly process, read and ensure efficient track and trace management of blood bags, blood plasma and platelet components. Spacecode RFID/LED tags are attached to individual items that can be clearly and quickly identified irrespective of how they are placed on the board.
This state-of-the-art SmartBoard is the ideal solution for fast-tracking the inventory management and labor-intensive work of blood bank monitoring and stocktaking by offering rapid and reliable reading of devices as they are transferred through various processing steps and members of staff. It plays a crucial role in the prevention of manual errors, stock loss and shortages.
The revolutionary LED “pick to light” feature facilitates instant identification of specific blood bags and components from among hundreds, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting against oversights. Users can find the exact item they are looking for, at the exact moment it is required.
Where are SmartBoards providing added value to blood banks?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Reduce manual interventions that can lead to errors and thus increase efficient stocktaking and monitoring
- Prevent human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Eliminate the need for any type of pre-sorting of items
- Reduce sorting to a fraction of the time with the LED tags
- Reliable track-and-trace of stock movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a SmartBoard?
A Spacecode bestseller since its launch, the SmartBoard is used in blood banks each and every day to track and trace items between hospital departments, associating items with RFID for inventory management use and to locate individual devices when required.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Easy to use and simple workflow integration
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Well-defined read range with active area up to a height of approximately 15 cm or two to three layers above the board
- Capacity to read 100 items in 8-10 seconds
- LED “pick to light” feature identifies items at a glance
- Quick stock counting
- 3D reading capabilities
- USB and Ethernet connections
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Healthcare facilities using the SmartBoard:
- Blood banks
- Transfusion centers
Types of items being processed using SmartBoards today:
- Blood plasma
- Blood platelets
- Blood bags