Spacecode Freezer for Blood Banks
The Spacecode Freezer is an intelligent, safe and reliable freezer unit used by blood banks for storing and automatically tracking critical blood plasma and platelet components under perfect temperature stability.
The inventory of blood-related products needs to be maintained and checked frequently during a working day. Spacecode’s revolutionary LED “pick to light” tag feature instantly identifies the exact location of an item in the freezer among dozens, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting against oversights and incorrect selection. The tag also includes critical safety information such as the patient`s blood type and expiration date.
The Spacecode Freezer can only be opened by authorised personnel via RFID access control and constantly records exactly who accessed it, when it was accessed, what was put in or taken out, and where the transaction occurred.
Where are Spacecode Freezers providing added value to companies?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Compliance by reducing manual interventions and potential errors
- Prevent human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Full inventory traceability and comprehensive chain of custody trail
- Workflow efficiency and productivity
- Significant ROI
- Update inventories in real time
- Reliable track-and-trace of specimen movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a Spacecode Freezer?
Spacecode Freezers are used in blood banks all day, every day, to simplify operations, make inventory control easy, maintain safety and improve accuracy in the secure, controlled environment needed in cold storage applications.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Automatic inventory once the door is closed
- Biometric or ID card access
- Permanent online stock
- Digital temperature control and alarm
- Alarm for door open
- LED “pick to light” feature
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- RFID tag embedded in specimen container cap
- Quick stock counting with paperless records
- Ethernet connection
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Healthcare Facilities using the Spacecode Feezer
- Blood banks
- Outpatient clinics
- Transfusion centers
Items being processed using the Spacecode Freezer today:
- Blood plasma
- Blood platelets