SmartCabinet for Cath Labs
The Spacecode SmartCabinet is an innovative cath lab storage and management system that provides advanced 24/7 real-time inventory control of high-value stents, catheters, pacemakers and other implantable medical devices that have been labelled with a Spacecode RFID /LED tag.
With four double-depth storage compartments, the SmartCabinet automatically tracks every device from the point of distribution to the point of implant. As soon as a clinical procedure is “closed” the invoicing and refurbishment process can be fully automated and paperless – for the hospital and the supplier.
Only authorised users can access the cabinet electronically via an ID card or biometric fingerprint. Specific items can be instantly identified using the revolutionary LED “pick to light” tag feature that lights up the exact item required, at the exact moment it is needed.
Counting inventory using the SmartCabinet is several hundred times faster than doing it manually, and with zero error. And the SmartCabinet records exactly who accessed it, when it was accessed, what was put in or taken out, and where the transaction occurred.
Where are SmartCabinets providing added value to hospitals and clinics?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Reduce manual interventions that can lead to errors
- Detect human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Eliminate the need for any type of pre-sorting of items
- Reliable monitoring and track-and-trace of stock movement
- Permanent online stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a SmartCabinet?
The SmartCabinet is used in cath labs to quickly locate and count individual medical devices and to monitor and record their movement. This enables faster, more reliable and ultimately more profitable tracking and stock management.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Easy to use and simple workflow integration
- 100% accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- LED “pick to light” feature
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection
- Automated 24/7 inventory track-and-trace from anywhere
- Always-On smart software ensuring data is always accessible
- Instant visibility worldwide enhancing security and monitoring
Healthcare industries using the SmartCabinet
Types of items being processed using SmartCabinets:
- Blood bags