The Spacecode SmartFreezer is a safe and reliable freezer unit utilized by laboratories to monitor, distribute, store, and track critical blood plasma, specimens and platelet components under perfect temperature stability.
Spacecode`s RFID solution for the handling and processing of frozen plasma, platelets and specimens enables labs to manage the accurate movement and use of products right up to the patient’s bedside. The freezer can only be opened by authorised personnel via RFID access control and constantly records exactly who accessed it, when it was accessed, what product was added or removed, and where the transaction occurred. This traceability controls inventory, plays a fundamental role in patient safety and prevents spoilage/wastage.
The revolutionary LED “pick to light” tag records each component`s storage temperature and time in/out. When items are required for a transfusion, the light on the LED tag indicates the designated bag to be used, instantly identifying the exact location of a bag among dozens, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting against oversights, removal of incorrect bags and subsequent delivery to the wrong patient. The tag also includes critical safety information such as the patient`s blood type and expiration date.
Where are SmartFreezers providing added value to companies?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Safeguarding patient safety
- Ensure compliance by reducing manual interventions that can lead to errors
- Workflow efficiency and productivity
- Significant ROI
- Update inventories in real time
- Reliable track-and-trace of blood product movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a SmartFreezer?
Spacecode’s SmartFreezer is used in laboratory facilities all day, every day, to simplify operations, make inventory control easy, maintain patient safety and improve accuracy in the secure, controlled environment needed in cold storage applications.
Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Automatic inventory once the door is closed
- Permanent online stock
- Digital temperature control and alarm
- Alarm for door open
- Full inventory traceability
- LED “pick to light” feature
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- RFID tag embedded in specimen container cap
- Quick stock counting with paperless records
- Ethernet connection
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Healthcare Facilities using the SmartFreezer:
- Outpatient Clinics
Items being processed using the SmartFreezer today:
- Blood plasma
- Blood platelets