Spacecode Board for Cath Labs
The Spacecode Board is a desktop smart reader designed to quickly process, read and ensure efficient track-and-trace management of critical cath lab devices such as catheters, stents and pacemakers. Spacecode RFID/LED tags are attached to individual items that can be clearly and quickly identified irrespective of how they are placed on the board.
This state-of-the-art Spacecode Board is the ideal solution for fast-tracking the inventory management and labor-intensive work of cath lab stocktaking by offering rapid and reliable reading of devices as they are transferred through various processing steps and members of staff. It plays a key role in the prevention of manual errors, stock loss and shortages.
The revolutionary LED “pick to light” feature facilitates instant identification of specific catheters, stents and pacemakers from among hundreds, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting against oversights. Users can find the exact item they are looking for, at the exact moment it is required.
Where are Spacecode Boards providing added value to cath labs?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortage
- Reduce manual interventions that can lead to errors and thus increase efficient stocktaking and monitoring
- Prevent human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Eliminate the need for any type of pre-sorting of items
- Reduce sorting to a fraction of the time with the LED tags
- Reliable track-and-trace of stock movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a Spacecode Board?
A Spacecode bestseller since its launch, the SmartBoard is used in cath labs to track and trace items between hospital departments, associating items with RFID for inventory management use and to locate individual devices
Features and benefits at a glance
- Easy to use and simple workflow integration
- 100% RFID reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Well-defined read range with active area up to a height of approximately 15 cm or two to three layers above the board
- Capacity to read numerous items in seconds
- LED “pick to light” feature
- Quick stock counting
- Reading capabilities in any orientation
- USB and Ethernet connections
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Healthcare facilities using the Spacecode Board
- Cath labs
- Cardiac departments
Types of items being processed using Spacecode Boards today: