Spacecode Freezer for RFID Blood Bank Inventory Management
The Spacecode RFID freezer for blood banks is an intelligent, safe and reliable solution used for storing and real-time tracking of critical blood plasma and platelet components under perfect temperature stability.
Designed specifically for blood-related products that require stringent maintenance and checks, the unit can only be opened by authorized personnel via RFID access control and constantly records exactly who accessed it, when it was accessed, what was put in or taken out, and where the transaction occurred.
The revolutionary LED “pick to light” tag feature instantly identifies the exact location of an item in the freezer among dozens, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting against oversights and incorrect selection. The tag also includes critical safety information such as the patient\’s blood type and expiration date.
Where are Spacecode Freezers providing added value to blood banks?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Compliance by reducing manual interventions and potential errors
- Prevent human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Full inventory traceability and comprehensive chain of custody trail
- Workflow efficiency and productivity
- Significant ROI
- Update inventories in real time
- Reliable track-and-trace of specimen movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a Spacecode Freezer?
The Spacecode Fridge for RFID blood bank inventory management is used in blood banks all day, every day, to simplify operations, make inventory control easy, maintain safety and improve accuracy in the secure, controlled environment needed in cold storage applications.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Automatic inventory count of blood-products when the door is closed
- Biometric or ID card access
- Permanent online stock
- Digital temperature control and alarm
- Alarm for door open
- LED “pick to light” feature
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Quick stock counting with paperless records
- Ethernet connection
- Blood product data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Healthcare Facilities using the Spacecode Freezer
- Blood banks
- Outpatient clinics
- Transfusion centers
Items being processed using the Spacecode Freezer today
- Blood plasma
- Blood platelets