Spacecode Station for Cath Labs
The Spacecode Station is a versatile RFID scanner used by cath labs to quickly read and process small quantities of cath lab devices such as catheters, stents and pacemakers placed in a defined orientation.
This state-of-the-art smart reader is equipped with an RFID antenna and can be mounted underneath or placed on top of any desk or shelf surface allowing items labelled with Spacecode RFID with LED tags to be read. It is the ideal solution for fast-tracking the labor-intensive inventory counting by offering rapid and reliable reading of items as they are transferred through various processing steps and personnel. It plays a key role in the prevention of manual errors, stock loss and shortages.
Where are Spacecode Stations providing added value to cath labs?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Reduce manual interventions that can lead to errors and thus increase efficient stocktaking and monitoring
- Detect human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Eliminate the need for any type of pre-sorting of items
- Reduce sorting to a fraction of the time with the LED tags
- Reliable track-and-trace of stock movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a SmartStation?
The Spacecode Station is used around the world in cath labs all day, every day, to quickly count and locate individual catheters, stents and pacemakers. During a single day, hundreds can be counted and accounted for using a single station.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Easy to use and simple workflow integration
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Well-defined read range with active area up to a height of approximately 15 cm or two to three layers above the board
- Capacity to read up to five items simultaneously
- Quick stock counting
- USB connection
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
- Rapid counting of single numbers of items
- LED “pick to light” feature identifies items at a glance
Healthcare facilities using the Spacecode Station:
- Cath labs
Types of items being processed by Spacecode Stations: