Spacecode Board for Laboratories
The Spacecode Board is a desktop smart reader designed to quickly process, read and ensure efficient track-and-trace management of laboratory specimens. Spacecode RFID with LED tags for “pick to light” are attached to individual items to facilitate instant identification of specific specimens from among hundreds, irrespective of how they are placed on the board, saving precious time on manual searches and protecting from oversights.
This is the ideal solution for fast-tracking inventory management, labor-intensive work of lab specimens and stocktaking. The Spacecode Board offers rapid and reliable reading of items as they are transferred through various processes and staff members. It plays a crucial role in preventing manual errors, stock loss and shortages.
Where are Spacecode Boards providing added value to laboratories?
- Facilitate provisioning, invoicing and avoid stock shortages
- Reduce manual interventions that can lead to errors and thus increase efficient stocktaking and monitoring
- Prevent human error at the source, thus saving time when it counts
- Eliminate the need for any type of pre-sorting of items
- Reduce sorting to a fraction of the time with the LED tags
- Reliable track-and-trace of stock movement
- Speedy stock count
- Revolutionize processes and systems
Do you need a Spacecode Board?
A Spacecode bestseller since its launch, the Spacecode Board is used in laboratories worldwide to quickly count and locate individual specimens and track and trace items between departments, associating items with RFID for inventory management and control and to locate individual specimens upon demand.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Easy to use and simple workflow integration
- 100% reading accuracy not affected by metal, liquids or juxtaposition
- Well-defined read range with active area up to a height of approximately 15 cm or two to three layers above the board
- Capacity to read 100 items in 8-10 seconds
- LED “pick to light” feature
- Quick stock counting
- 3D reading capabilities
- USB and Ethernet connections
- Data can be read and reviewed using a tablet, cell phone or PC
Healthcare facilities using the Spacecode Board:
- Anti-doping facilities
Items being processed in laboratories using Spacecode Boards:
- Blood specimens
- Urine tubes
- Tissue samples